Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Of Time Be Long Ago

image
My Dearest;

~Of that I dream in you each night
of time be long ago~
~When we were young in not so bright
in love befell us both~
~The time was then in sixty nine
before I went to war~
~One last night we intertwined
in loving be adored~
~Come back I said I would to you
in take you be my wife~
~In all I could I would in do
come back to you alive~
~You said you would in wait for me
you wore my promise ring~
~In that our lives were meant to be
from that be of begin~
~I left in night before of dawn
to catch a waiting plane~
~ En route to that of Vietnam
my heart in beating pain~
~I wrote you several times or more
with that of no reply~
~The Girl in that my heart adored
left me by my side~
~I never heard from you again
you were my everything~
~My life had come unto an end 
my heart be fevering~
~Now I dream in reminisce 
of you in every night~
~Still tasting of your lasting kiss
teardrops in my eyes~
~Of that I dream in you each night
of time be long ago~
~When we were young in not so bright
in love befell us both~
Duke Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment