Saturday, March 12, 2011

God Bless The USA

I Would Die For Her
Someone asked the question why,
for my Country I would die!
For love of Country and fellow man.
and the freedom of our land!
This I say to one and all,
without our rights she will fall!
Some today don’t understand,
what it is to be an American!
Many men in war have died,
to shine on you the “Freedom’s Light”!
You must be willing to fight for her,
or domination will occur!
Those who hate for what we stand,
wish to rule our fellow man!
They rule their people with an iron fist,
many being placed on their “Death List”!
They take away all they can,
no freedom lived within their land!
Practice no religion but for one,
put to death if not Islam!
Shariah law they wish imposed,
our way of life they do oppose!
Jihadd on us they declared,
kill all Americans everywhere!
I’ve been to war once before,
seen all it offered of the horror!
My life at Death’s door every day,
in the Nam so far away!
Seen many of my brothers fall,
now their on the Hero’s wall!
I love my Country and Freedom’s way,
proud to die for her I say!
No better Country on this earth,
you’d be wise to pray for her!
For times are hard for her today,
God bless the USA!
Sgt Duke Sherman
G-Troop, 2/11 ACR
Black Horse Soldier
Vietnam Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment