Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thác Voi (Elephant Waterfalls) South Vietnam

 
Once I sat below a Waterfall,
serine and quite beautiful!
Water pure and always flowing,
her magnificence was adoring!
Here I was in the middle of a war,
never had I felt such peace before!
Hills painted by God himself,
the scene worth a World’s wealth!
The last few days had been unbearable,
suddenly for a time it wasn’t so terrible!
We’d been fighting just an hour’s past,
now we sat peacefully in aghast!
Those twenty minutes sitting below the Falls,
was so Heavenly and surreal!
God guided us down the path of Serenity,
and gave us peace from the enemy!
When sometimes I'm feeling sad,
I think of the falls and it’s not so bad!
Sgt Duke Sherman
G-Troop, 2/11 ACR
Black Horse Soldier
Vietnam Veteran
1971-1972

No comments:

Post a Comment