Saturday, January 22, 2011

Be All You Can Be

“Be All You Can Be”!
What’s wrong with joining the Army?
I was a Soldier in 1969,
because of them-I turned out fine!
When I was a youngster,
I was becoming a Gangster!
I did Dope,
and told my parents nope!
I drank-and I smoked,
I was a “Dope”!
I cared about nobody,
and I would fight anybody!
I was headed down the wrong road,
by the Judge I was told!
Headed for Hell,
many did tell!
I had my money,
and I had my Honey!
That’ all that mattered to me,
that-and the fact I was free!
One day I had a thought:
“Go In the Army before I’m caught”!
I thought I was Bold,
but I was told:
“You ain’t nothing,
but a Cockroach dying”!
The dying Cockroach position,
‘twas sure to change your disposition!
They would break you down,
to build you up!
Drill Sergeants were renouned,
for their dictatorship!
It was neccessary,
important in the Military!
You need strong Leadership,
to learn Combat Brotherhood!
If we wanted to stay alive,
we had to learn how to survive!
I grew up in the Army,
they were-and are my family!
Because of them,
I am the man that I am!
Proud to have served,
I was Regular-not Reserves!
Sgt Duke Sherman
G-Troo2/11th ACR
Black Horse Soldiers
Vietnam Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment