Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't step On My Flag


Every night before I try to sleep,
I pray to God my soul he’ll keep!
Sometimes I wonder why,
Vietnam I survived!
But then I think and see,
God was always watching over me!
But I was left with many of scars,
from that land away so far!
Like so many Veterans of that war,
I seen so many dreadful horrors!
I don’t sleep well at night,
the nightmares I have to fight!
It’s PTSD you see,
that effects me!
I seen many of my brothers die,
sometimes I sit and wonder why!
But I’m still proud to have served,
and would’ve died for her-
she's my “Country ‘tis of thee,
my sweet land of liberty”!
And even though I have nightly frets,
I have no regrets!
I pledged my Allegiance to the USA,
I loved her then and have all my days!
So don’t step on my Flag,
or it’s your body they’ll have to drag!
Sgt Duke Sherman
G-Troop, 2/11 ACR
Black Horse Soldiers
Vietnam Veteran
During the Vietnam War:
58,193 of my brothers died.
153,452 were wounded.
1,740 are MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment