Friday, February 18, 2011

A Lesson In History

Pictures are but memories,
of times that use to be!
Good times and bad,
happy and sad!
For reminiscing of times long past,
times you knew would never last! 
Of those you loved and who have died,
and those that are still alive!
Some of them will make you cry,
some will make you ask yourself why!
Some memories kept close to heart,
and some tear your heart apart!
Without our memories,
would we have a use to be?
I think not we wouldn’t remember,
even that of a loving touch so tender!
We wouldn’t I’m sure be alive,
we wouldn’t know how to survive!
Pictures help us know who we are,
and remember the times back so far!
So every picture you look at and see,
Remember your life is full of history!
Duke Sherman


The Photographs above is part of my History. My Birth name is: Sherman and I am a Direct descendant of Major General William Tecumseh Sherman, Born February 8, 1820 in Lancaster Ohio. The Photos below left to right are myself, Gen. Sherman, my Grandfather Sir Norman L Sherman and my Mother Elizabeth!
DUKE Sherman   

The American Civil War began on April 12, 1861.
Most consider Lee's surrender on April 9, 1865 the end of the war.
Although the Army of Northern Virginia surrendered on April 9th, technically, there were still Confederate Forces in the field until June. Confederate General Stand Watie surrendered on June 23, 1865 when the last major


No comments:

Post a Comment